Loughcrew Estate & Gardens are full of history, beauty, fantasy, and atmosphere making the visit a magical experience.
Loughcrew Gardens are a breathtaking spectacle from 17th and 19th century landscape and pleasure gardens. Take a walk through centuries of garden and landscape fantasy. The central area of approximately six acres includes a lime avenue, extensive lawns and terraces, a magnificent herbaceous border and physic border. Within the gardens stand a medieval motte and St. Oliver Plunkett’s family church and Tower House.
If you would rather, there is also a longer lake walk around Lough Creeve. There is some beautiful scenery to be taken in along the way, as it goes right past Loughcrew House. With extra treats along the way as the walk itself takes in different forest and rockery walks and also has a fairy ring. This walk starts and finishes at the Limetree Coffee Shop.
Unfortunately, the key to Loughcrew Cairns will be unavailable for the season ahead as the OPW have extensive works to carry out to ensure the safety of the structure.
Summer 2020 Update: Gardens & Grounds Open between 11 – 4pm.
- Our gardens and grounds are now OPEN.
- Opening times are between 11 – 4pm.
- While the tearooms will be be closed, the ticket office will be open to sell garden tickets and takeaway tea & coffee’s etc.
- Please note we will be asking all visitors to observe strict social distancing at all times.
- We look forward to welcoming you here at Loughcrew Estate.
Co. Meath, A82 X4Y1