The peace and tranquility of the picturesque town of Moynalty, Co Meath will once again be broken by the sounds and sights of a bygone era as the Moynalty Steam Threshing Festival gets underway. The 47th annual event will take place on the 14th August 2022 in the grounds of the Moynalty Steam Threshing Museum and parkland in the heart of the village.
On the day the stage will be set by the Steam Threshing Committee where displays of vanishing work practices and food production can be seen along-side craft making and vintage displays.
It’s a great day out for young and old as it has something for everyone, displays and demonstrations remind us of how things were for our fore-fathers: Horse and steam power, reaping and binding, threshing and flailing. Traditional crafts such as basket weaving, steel forging, hot shoeing, tin craft, wood turning and harness making are all to be seen while the local ladies will give demonstrations on making butter at the full size replica cottage. Brown bread, colcannon, boxty and pancakes will all be cooked on the open fires to taste and available for sale.
We will also host Threshing display from the Threshing Ladies .
Don’t Miss Out! Moynalty Steam Threshing, Sunday 14th August 2022, gates open 9 am to 7.30pm with ample free parking.
Check us out on Facebook or Instagram. Tickets available on website.
Further press information available from 046 9244810, 087 1635426 or 087 2393342.
Gates opening from 9am to 7.30pm
Events happing on the day
- Vintage Cars Display (cars must be 30 years or older to qualify)
- Vintage Tractor Display (Tractors must be 30 years or older to qualify)
- Queen of Steam Competition
- Historic Road Making Display
- Traditional Basket weaving
- Blacksmith and Forge
- Wood Turning
- Steam Threshing and Binding display
- Horse drawn plough and binders
- Stationary Engine Display
- Steam Traction Engine Display
- Pig on the Spit
- Traditional butter making display
- Scaled Thatched Cottage Display
- Timber Sports display
- Range of commercial Stalls
- Auto jumble
- Visit the Pet Farm
- Dog Show
- Visit the onsite Museum
- Food Village- Tea Rooms, BBQ, Brown Bread, Colcannon, Pancakes and Boxty
- Live Music on the Main Stage starting approx. 12pm till 7.30