National Heritage Week, an initiative by the Heritage Council, celebrates all things heritage. It brings together communities, families, organisations, cultural institutions, academics and enthusiasts, to build awareness about the value of heritage and support its conservation.
Some amazing projects are being undertaken this year when National Heritage week runs from 14th to 22nd August.
Details of Meath projects can be found here. Highlights include:
- Battlefield walks at the Battle of the Boyne
- Blackfriary Community Heritage Archaeology Project; A virtual update
- Boyne Currach Centre Open Day
- Colmcille 1500 Kells Illuminations
- Creative family day at the Devenish Lands at Dowth
- Francis Ledwidge Museum Heritage Tour
- Hidden History of the Porchfields and Newtown Trim, Co. Meath
Details of Louth projects are available here.
Events are throughout counties Meath and Louth