Saint Patrick`s Church was built in 1896, designed by J.F. Fuller, an authority on the Hiberno-Romanesque style
In 1862 the London-trained Fuller had answered an advertisement for a district architect under the Irish Ecclesiastical Commissioners; he was chosen from among 97 candidates: St. Patrick`s is one of his finest creations.
It incorporates a medieval tower-house to the west which adds significant archaeological interest. The form is enhanced by the retention of many original features and materials, such as the well-executed rock faced limestone, and its cut stone dressings. The Church has pointed arch window openings with carved limestone tracery, dressings and hood mouldings. There is a simple, timber-battened entrance door, and cut stone limestone gates. Inside, the stained glass windows - by Heaton, Butler and Bayne - add artistic interest. It is thought that the Church came into existence when the first Royal Chieftain of Ireland to be baptised by St. Patrick made a gift to the missionary of the site: This was first public administering of baptism, recognized by the then Irish royalty; it significant advancement in St Patrick`s progress.