With the shorter days upon us, a perfect opportunity arises to make the most of the mid-mornings as we host a five-week series presented by Community Historian, Brendan Matthews.
The lectures will vary in topic covering pre-history, the early Christian period, the foundation of Drogheda from the 12th to the 16th century right up to contemporary Drogheda in the 21st century. The aim of this five-week course is to introduce you to the built and natural history and heritage of the Drogheda and its surrounds; the objective to create an awareness and a better understanding of the value and significance of Drogheda`s storied past.
This series is suitable for all ages with tickets priced at €15 per Lecture or €50 for all five in the series.
Tea, coffee and refreshments will be served on arrival each Wednesday.
The Series’ dates are 1st, 8th, 15th 22nd and 29th November on Wednesday’s from 11.30am to 12.30pm.
For more information contact the gallery on 0419803311 or email email@example.com
• November 1st: Pre-History. The First people to have settled here more than five-thousand-years-ago.
• November 8th: Early Christian Period. 5th to 11th century, what life was like along the Boyne Valley.
• November 15th: The foundation & development of Drogheda Town 12th to 16th century.
• November 22rd: Ireland's Bloodiest Century & its aftermath: 17th to 19th century, implications for Drogheda.
• November 29th: A thriving & progressive Town, Economical, Political & Social lives 19th to 21st century.
36 Saint Laurence Street,